This page will contain links to press photos, press releases and anything related to media. I hope this helps, and please contact me if you think anything else should be on this page.
Facts about Steven
- Born in Truro, December 8, 1972.
- C5 tetraplegic after a diving accident September 1, 1991.
- Steven was 18 when he ended up severely paralysed.
- Become City Councillor in 2017.
- Become Mayor of Truro May 2021.
- Steven cannot feel anything below his chest, he cannot feel his hands or move any of his fingers or thumbs.
- Spent 12 months in Salisbury Hospital after his accident.
- Lib Dem councillor.
- He has a stepdaughter Kember Webb that moved in when she was 4 years old.
- His stepdaughter is his Mayoress.
- Steven is no longer with Kember Webb’s mum.
- Steven believes there is a gift and everything, we just need to find it.
- Steven also teaches meditation and mindfulness.
- He is the host of Stillness in the Storms Podcast
- He attempted John O’Groats to Land’s End in 2005 but fell out of his wheelchair breaking his shoulder bringing it to an abrupt halt.
- Steven suffers from autonomic dysreflexia which is a medical emergency when it occurs.
- Steven suffers from dyslexia, finds reading difficult and mixes the meaning of words up. This is apparent when he is talking especially when nervous. (Although I think everybody has this to some degree)
May 17, 2021 – Truro City Mayor Making Ceremony Steven Webb 2021/2022