When things got too much and silencing my thoughts become seemingly impossible, I was left with no choice but to find a way to peace and calmness, which is something that I hadn’t experienced for a very long time.
Through my study of the world wisdom traditions and my journey into mindful living, I have learned many valuable lessons which have brought me greater peace, joy and fulfillment.
Here are 17 of the amazing spiritual lessons I’ve learned:
1. The world’s wisdom traditions have one central message, in order to live life happier in a deep and lasting peaceful way with a sense of contentment and ease you need to look within. There are no external circumstances or desires that will have the lasting desired affect.
2. Thoughts, beliefs and opinions are not facts.
3. I’m not who I think I am.
4. There is nothing neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.
5. When I drop desires and expectations about how people should be, about how life should be, about how I should be, all things are wonderful as they are.
6. Love, compassion and reverence arise naturally when I am fully present with any person, place or thing. It is not always easy to see or feel, although it is always present.
7. Taking care of myself is a gesture of love and kindness towards all life.
This is a FREE mindfulness summit which I will be attending online and it is open to anybody that is interested in a little more peace in life.
Click the banner for more information
8. All that arises passes away. Observing and accepting this from the still, silent, changeless depths of my being, peace rushes forth.
9. What other people think of me is none of my business.
10. Our minds are the bottom line for how we feel, what we think and how we act. Change our minds and we change our whole lives from the inside out.
11. Trying to change the world without changing myself is futile.
12. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
13. Resistance is futile.
14. Gratification comes and goes, contentment stays with you forever.
15. Beliefs shape our perceptions, just like sunglasses color what we see. Mindfulness lifts the glasses off our face so we can see things as they are.
16. There is no such thing as a mundane moment. Only mundane states of mind.
17. The only thing that keeps us from being at peace is the stories we tell ourselves about how things should be according to our beliefs. Without the story there is only peace.
Some of these lessons had been taken from Mrs Mindfulness, I would like to thank her for reminding me of the many lessons we go through.